[Icecast-dev] Authenticated clients

Fredrik Nyberg INF fnyberg at abo.fi
Fri Nov 26 01:00:31 PST 2004

Hi!

I installed icecast 2.1.0 and it works great, nice to finally see some
sort of authentication mechanism. I use a link from a webpage (apache
1.3 on debian, port 80) to my stream (port 8000) which MS Media Player
can handle with a dialog, but at least XMMS and foobar 2000 barf on
(they seem to need to get authentication done in a browser and then open
the stream as http://uname:passwd@host:8000/stream.m3u).

Am I approaching this the wrong way? Has anyone else gotten
authenticated streams to work thourgh apache?

Nybä