[Icecast-dev] MySQL/HTTP Auth

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 15:58:58 PST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:49:43 +0000 (GMT), andrew at tranceairwaves.com
<andrew at tranceairwaves.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>         I have read alot of the archives, and looked over the development
> of listener authentication, and wondered if anyone has a working version
> with MySQL enabled ? as it seems more in 'development' however I would
> like to give it a try.

I haven't heard of anyone using mysql for anything directly with
icecast (people use it for playlist automation systems external to
icecast, though).

>         Any pointers appreciated, or patches I can apply ... to the
> current 2.2.0 release.
>
>         Also any thoughts on doing a http style, I have seen one mention
> of it, but cant find it, ie. making a http request, with say
>
> GET /<definable-string-containting-mountpoint>
> Authorisation: Basic <blah>
> Agent: Icecast
>
>         Just curious, as it may allow integration some segments of the
> market.

It isn't clear what you're trying to ask here. All authentication in
icecast (except when in backwards-compatibility modes for other
protocols) in done using HTTP Basic auth.

Mike