[icecast-dev] testers..

lee at fallingforward.net lee at fallingforward.net
Mon Nov 10 12:09:51 PST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Karl Heyes wrote:

> This is call for volunteers to try out some modifications to icecast for
> supporting burst on connection (aka fast pre-buffering).
>
> http://www.xiph.org/~karl/icecast-2.0-kh8.tar.gz

Hey Karl,

Any chance CVS will ever match up to your modifications? I checked out CVS
ices/libshout the other day for a new system and I noticed it corrupted
a file streamed to disk. Again, your *-kh changes fixed this.

I have lingering ambitions to make a GUI for the ices/icecast config
files, start stop buttons and level meters. I'm a little intimidated to
start this since there are two branches of the same code (not to mention
I've never written a GUI in anything other than Smalltalk and Tcl/Tk
before).

-lee