[icecast-dev] Icecast's YP bugs

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Wed Jun 25 14:07:49 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 08:31:32AM -0500, oddsock wrote:

> the problem is with the parsing of the source, it is looking for ice-* and
> not the icy-* in the source header.  The question is, do we want to support
> the icy headers from shoutcast ?  I suppose we probably should, but it's a
> bit irritating having to put shoutcast compatibility code in icecast.....

But remember, the lack of such supports means (for instance) that we, in
order to relay a shoutcast stream properly, would have to relay it with
shoutcast.

Not to mention, that if i cant get relay'ed shoutcast streams on the YP
server soon I'm going to have to code in Shoutcast support to my YP
server in addition to setting up a Shoutcast relay server, a double
plus bad thing.