[icecast-dev] Icecast's YP bugs

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Jun 25 17:21:20 PDT 2003

> >Probably a bug in the stats header parser or the YP code. Shouldn't be
> >hard to
> >fix (I can't - don't have cvs access from work, don't have internet access
> >from home, currently - but there are several developers who know how the
> >stats stuff works)
> >
> >Mike
>
> the problem is with the parsing of the source, it is looking for ice-* and
> not the icy-* in the source header.  The question is, do we want to support
> the icy headers from shoutcast ?  I suppose we probably should, but it's a
> bit irritating having to put shoutcast compatibility code in icecast.....

Why, yes it is. There's already quite a lot of shoutcast compatibility code in
there... though not all of it works (the shoutcastDSP-protocol-compatibility
code is utterly broken, for instance).

I don't think it's a big deal to check for icy-* as well as ice-*, personally,
but I'm not going to be doing it.

Mike