[icecast-dev] Icecast's YP bugs

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Jun 25 06:31:32 PDT 2003

At 05:31 PM 6/25/2003 +1000, you wrote:

> > I'm not concerned with how players see anything right now, tho that is a
> > concern I guess.  I'm concerned with getting the vitals - the stream
> > name, genre, and description, to be relayed to a YP server when Icecast2
> > is relaying a Shoutcast stream.  Currently it does not, this is missing
> > functionality that needs to be provided because currently it's "breaking
> > protocol" (as defined by Oddsock's Icecast2 YP document) by sending add
> > requests without a stream name.  go back a few emails, see where this
> > came from.. one of three bugs in Icecast's YP support.  A fairly minor
> > one compaired to the memory leak bug, but still very problematic for us.
>
>Ok. I guess I don't see these as 'vitals' - which is why we were talking
>about
>different things.
>
>Probably a bug in the stats header parser or the YP code. Shouldn't be
>hard to
>fix (I can't - don't have cvs access from work, don't have internet access
>from home, currently - but there are several developers who know how the
>stats stuff works)
>
>Mike

the problem is with the parsing of the source, it is looking for ice-* and
not the icy-* in the source header.  The question is, do we want to support
the icy headers from shoutcast ?  I suppose we probably should, but it's a
bit irritating having to put shoutcast compatibility code in icecast.....

oddsock