[icecast-dev] Relays

Marty Lee marty at maui.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 14:58:22 PST 2003

Hi there,

I've been playing with the on-demand relay code in relay.c, and am
intrigued why on lines 716 an 717 the headers x-audiocast-port and
x-audiocast-source-password are sent to the upstream server ?

When relaying between two icecast boxes, the headers don't seem to
be returned by the upstream server (I thought this may be the case,
in order to authenticate the new stream to us).

It's icecast 1.3.12 - downloaded last night.

Given that we are initiating the connection, I can't see why we would
want to send out port and password upstream...

I'm guessing there is a good reason behind this and I'm just not in
on it! Anyone care to enlighten me ?

Many regards

Marty