[icecast-dev] patch for icecast 1.3.12 (fwd)

P. Naaijkens pieter at internethoofdkantoor.nl
Fri Jan 10 08:11:16 PST 2003

Hi,

I created a patch for icecast 1.3.12, and I thought you might be
interested in it. The keywords 'rest' and 'all' in the mount
authentication file didn't work, but they do now :-)

I also added support for switching uid and gid after startup, so that I
could easily run a user icecast. I added to keywords to the configuration
file, namely runas_user and runas_group, and also two command line
options.

Since I have no experience with automake/autoconf, I haven't added any
checking if setuid() and setgid() are available, so it probably won't
compile under Win32.

I hope you find this patch usefull.
BTW: is icecast still under active development?

Greetings,

Pieter Naaijkens
<pieter at internethoofdkantoor.nl>