[icecast-dev] Icecast server terminates

Attila Ficsor fati at xenomusic.com
Mon Nov 26 14:53:13 PST 2001

Hello Everybody,

 I am new to this list, maybe boring and annoying questions will be asked
from you, but please help me if you can. :)

 I have a problem with the icecast server version 1.3.11. I am running it
on a RedHat linux 7.0 box, with my own C++ program that uses the libshout
development library (1.0.5).
 My program connects to the  icecast server and feeds it continously with
mp3 data. The mp3s are read from specified directories based on the
content of a playlist file. Sometimes - I don't know for what reason - the
icecast server terminates. I can not find the problems source,
'cause sometimes it stays active and runs several days, sometimes dies
after a few hours, sometimes after a minutes. (I do not modify my source
code at all...)
 Anyone has any ideas? Is there any known bug that I don't know
about? Maybe it is a buffer overflow...?

 If you think you might be able to help me, please let me know, and feel
free to ask about details, too...

Thank You,
  Attila Ficsor