[icecast-dev] maintaining connections

Phil Steinke lintec at clarkhall.ca
Sun May 20 15:24:50 PDT 2001

* Michael Smith was mumbling about..
> A stream will have to be one format only, though. Even if icecast were changed
> so that it could cope with different formats within the one stream, most
> or all of the players out there would fail horribly.

Makes sense.  I've gone ahead and converted my collection to be purely ogg
(all the easier when someone else has written the perl script!).

I'm using it with a web-based front end that both plays the song with ogg123
and streams it with ices.  I've been finding though that because it only
streams one song at a time (so you can edit the playlist on the web without
it having to change the streaming list), xmms and ogg123 disconnect after
each song.

My C knowledge is rudementary, but I can make minor edits.  Is there a
function I could add a delay to so a connected client isn't booted as soon
as there are no sources, and then that client has the new source fed to it
once the new source starts?

Thanks,
Phil