[foms] Update on Open Video Conference

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 05:11:17 PDT 2011

Hi all,

The program for the "FOMS" track of the Open Video Conference is
continuing to grow and come together nicely:

* Open Media Software Developers Plenary
* WebRTC: Realtime Communications and HTML5
* Standards for Video Accessibility
* WebM: Testing, Metrics and New features
* HTML5 video players: Shortcomings of the HTML5 video API for
cross-platform player libraries
* Standards for HTTP Adaptive Streaming
* Standards for Browser Video Statistics
* Device Inputs for A/V in the Browser
* Open Source video editors (unconfirmed)

and the rest of the conference is also exciting:
http://openvideoconference.org/agenda-sessions/ .

For more information on how we'll run the track, see
http://blog.gingertech.net/2011/08/12/the-new-foms-open-media-developers-at-ovc/

And if you're curious to see who has told me that they are planning to
attend, take a peek at:
http://openvideoalliance.org/wiki/index.php?title=OVC2011_OMS_Track .

It's shaping up to be another awesome workshop!
Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,
Silvia.