[foms] HLS and HLS patents

Jeroen Wijering jeroen at longtailvideo.com
Thu Oct 14 23:30:36 PDT 2010

That would be very helpful!

The big issue I see with M3U8 is that it requires chunks to be transport
streams. I presume this is not an open format?

In terms of the functionalities and metadata provisions, m3u8 seems to have
all that's needed.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

On Oct 15, 2010 7:16 AM, "Silvia Pfeiffer" <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>