[foms] HLS and HLS patents

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:15:46 PDT 2010

I agree that it may be a defensive patent of Apple and I don't know how
strongly Apple wants to hold on to their IP there.

It may be necessary to invent a new file format and not reuse m3u8, because
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-01 says that
derivative works are not allowed.

I could try and find somebody in Apple to help direct the right way to
approach this for Ogg and WebM.

Silvia.