[foms] Just Arrived

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Wed Nov 10 11:54:27 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

I just subscribed to this list in hope I can help with all the
adaptative streaming in HTML5 videos (and audio as well). I am the
(main) creator of Matroska, one of the basis of WebM. And from day one
my main concern for WebM's success has been that it misses that
adaptative streaming part, which is key to a good video experience in
a browser.

I used to work for CoreCodec and have done a good amount of my work
there was handling video streams over HTTP, including YouTube ones,
for CorePlayer, a very efficient mobile video player. And IMO video in
mobile web browsers is important for the future. And it can only work
well by taking in account the highly varying nature of bandwidth.

The archives are a little tricky to navigate (efficiently), so I'll
jump on conversations when I see fit. Pardon me in advance if I
propose things that have already been discussed... Is there any online
resource that describes the progress of some kind of specs that would
have arised from the discussions here ?

Steve