[Flac] Fixing corrupt flac files

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:36:34 PST 2013

On 10-01-13 19:15, Knut Krause wrote:
> I think it's not possible to share those files without getting in legal trouble
> here or is it possible somehow to extract some information so it won't be an
> issue?

It could have been you had a file with the problem which is released
under a Creative Commons licence, but that's not very common. Just asking.

You can do a few things. Reading your previous post, it seems you now
how to work with a command line, so could you post the output of the
following two commands:

flac -a -F some_corrupt_file.flac (see the .ana file which is generated)
metaflac --list some_corrupt_file.flac (just the console output)

Plus the exact size (in bytes) of the FLAC-file and the WAV-file that
you retrieve using flac -d -F some_corrupt_file.flac

You can also try to cut off the last 500kb of the FLAC-file if you are
using Linux (or other UNIX-like probably, I have no idea how to do this
in Windows or Mac)
tail -c 500000 some_corrupt_file.flac > tail_cut_off.flac
That's a sample of at most 10 seconds and won't get you into trouble.