[Flac] Fixing corrupt flac files

Knut Krause knut.krause at lagom.de
Thu Jan 10 11:50:32 PST 2013

So, let's provide some information then :-)

soa2ii at thor /mnt/files/music/Slime/Alle gegen Alle $ flac -aF 02\
Störtebecker.flac

flac 1.2.1, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007  Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

02 Störtebecker.flac: analyzing, 96% complete

02 Störtebecker.flac: ERROR while decoding data
                       state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM
02 Störtebecker.flac: ERROR, MD5 signature mismatch

The *.ana: http://bpaste.net/show/69346/

The size in bytes:
soa2ii at thor /mnt/files/music/Slime/Alle gegen Alle $ du 02\ Störtebecker.flac
16680   02 Störtebecker.flac

The size of the wav file
soa2ii at thor /mnt/files/music/Slime/Alle gegen Alle $ flac -dF 02\
Störtebecker.flac

flac 1.2.1, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007  Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for details.

02 Störtebecker.flac: 96% complete

02 Störtebecker.flac: ERROR while decoding data
                       state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM
02 Störtebecker.flac: ERROR, MD5 signature mismatch
soa2ii at thor /mnt/files/music/Slime/Alle gegen Alle $ du 02\ Störtebecker.wav
22468   02 Störtebecker.wav

The tail of the corrupted file: http://lagom.de/tmp/tail.flac

I hope this is all information needed :-)

regards

Knut