[Flac] playback problems with oppo BDP-95

Nicholas Wilson nicholas at nicholaswilson.me.uk
Sat Feb 5 16:33:24 PST 2011

Correct me if wrong, but I was under the impression that the processing
required for playback was totally independent on the level of compression.
The encoder looks for polynomials that fit, and it takes much more
processing to find polynomials with a very good fit and small residuals. On
the other hand, the decoder just has to multiply out the stored prediction,
which is independent of the compression level.

Nicholas
-----
Nicholas Wilson: nicholas at nicholaswilson.me.uk (ncw33)
Site and blog: www.nicholaswilson.me.uk
Peterhouse, CB2 1RD • 86 Heath Road, GU31 4EL