[Flac] flac test mode is very useful

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Tue Jul 28 00:02:57 PDT 2009

I'm uploading some very large flac files, and I've had to use the
Unix command 'split' to break the files into smaller pieces.  This
works well, but my only concern is that I want to make sure I get all
the pieces back together in the right order, without any missing
pieces or partial files.  "flac -t filename.flac" works perfectly.
It will detect a truncated file, missing pieces, jumps, and any other
mistakes I can think of throwing at it.

I wanted to share this in case anyone else needs a quick way to
verify a flac file that has been copied between machines over
slightly unreliable transports.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting