[Flac] flac test mode is very useful

Dat Head dathead2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 07:44:19 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Brian Willoughby<brianw at sounds.wa.com> wrote:
> "flac -t filename.flac" works perfectly.
> It will detect a truncated file, missing pieces, jumps, and any other
> mistakes I can think of throwing at it.

yes flac -t is a life saver because relying on md5sum --check to test
against previously stored metaflac --show-md5sum is not sufficient,
i have had files get truncated several times and pass that test but
of course flac -t flagged them

this made me wonder if maybe the checksum shouldn't be stored
at the beginning and end of the flac file but maybe not worth it

also, if you don't use md5check perl script you should!
it recursively finds all md5 sigs in.txt files and checks them and
does flac -t also - has saved me many times...