[flac] flac fingerprint

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:26:47 PDT 2007

i forgot to ask this important question :)
why doesn't a ffp file make a md5 of the *whole* flac file, so that
all non-audio data inside the file are verified too?
in my opinion, now it only does the same as the internally stored md5
on the decompressed audio data, but there is still no way to verify
the header of the flac file (so i mean : all non-audio data in the
file)

or am i forgotting something?

thx