[Flac] Flac files with internal cue sheets

Neal B. nnneal at gmail.com
Wed May 24 12:36:36 PDT 2006

On 5/23/06, Michael Kiermaier <michael.kiermaier at gmx.net> wrote:
> > > Another great thing would be a cuesheet-aware FLAC-plugin for XMMS.
> >
> > I agree. The difficulty in doing this is that you have to fight the
> > one-file-one-track assumption that's built into xmms. There appears to
> > be no clean solution, which is probably why it hasn't been done yet.
> >
> > Neal
>
> There is a plugin for XMMS for playing mp3 + cue:
> http://brianvictor.tripod.com/mp3cue.htm
>
> I don't know how dirty that solution is, but maybe it is possible to adapt
> that plugin to play FLAC files with embedded cuesheets.
>
> ~michael

mp3cue represents one possible solution. Do you like how it works? To
me, the interface seemed kind of clunky. I'm in the process of working
on a plugin that adds each track individually to the playlist. It
works just like the old cdread plugin that is on the xmms website. In
fact, it is that plugin, hacked to read flacs instead of a CD-ROM
drive.

Neal