[Flac] Re: Illiminable DS filters for FLAC don't work

Tom Malcolmson Tom at Malcolmson.com
Sun Mar 27 07:53:08 PST 2005

Thanks Christian.

Now I can play my FLAC files with WiMP.

I uninstalled the illuminable package and then installed the Matroska.
The result was the opposite that I got for the illuminable: the
illuminable package registered the types but WiMP couldn't find the
codecs, the Matroska didn't register the types but it did make the
codecs available.  This is much preferable of course since I can now
play my flac files.

It does seem like a problem to me that the illuminable package is well
advertised (ie. it is listed as the solutioon for FLAC on the WMP site)
and yet it doesn't work.

BTW, I think the URL in your signiture is incorrect 'mnatroska'.

Tom.