[Flac] Re: Illiminable DS filters for FLAC don't work

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Mar 27 09:15:01 PST 2005

Tom,

Illiminables' filters work normally great, i have no idea why they dont
work for you. Maybe a conflict with any other filter you are having
installed ? If you are interested, we could do some bug tracking with
Graphedit.exe , the main DirectShow debugging tool. Its from M$, but
freely available, just google for it, there are various download sites
listing it.

First thing to do is, reinstall the illiminable filters and see if it's
working in parallel with matroska filters installed. If it doesnt, fire
up graphedit.exe and do a 'file' 'render media' on any FLAC file.
Graphedit should give an error message, or build a partial playback
graph. Make a screenshot and send it to me, or to the list. This will
give us the chance to insert various other filters manually, and see
where the problem is.

BTW, we thought about adding the illiminable filters to our full pack,
and remove CoreVorbis and CoreFLAC from it then. Main advantage would be
to have Theora video decoding, and OGG playback. Unfortunately, both
replacement decoders from illiminable don't work very well for FLAC and
Vorbis coming from matroska container, at least last time i checked (
stuttering, probably caused by timing problems, as we output timestamps
from our splitter filter ).

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org