[Flac] I'm listening to FLAC on my ipod!

Ognjen Bezanov ognjen at mailshack.com
Fri Jan 21 12:19:28 PST 2005

Ralph Giles wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 11:05:51PM -0800, Eric Wong wrote:
>

>> I should also add that relevant performance patches have already been
>> posted to the dev mailing list.  There are a few more but they haven't
>> made the situation with compression-level >= 3 any better.
>>
>> Let me know if anybody here can help with optimizations (particularly
>> with ARM assembly) to FLAC so higher-compression files can play,
>> thanks.
>

> Wow, this is great news. Have you tried getting vorbis going at all?
>
> -r

Yes support for ogg vorbis,flac,mp3 and other codecs are in the plan +
things like picture viewing/storage etc..., ive been following ipod
linux for years, it s a great idea, the flexibilty and the ability to do
what you want with hardware is one of my reasons that i am a linux
addict ;)

never tried it myself (as i dont have an ipod) but maybe one day......