[Flac] Feature request FLAC

Brady Patterson brady at spaceship.com
Sat Dec 10 14:46:12 PST 2005

Another option for 1b is to have an option to detect and discard empty
channels. That way, header information could be lost, but audio data could not.
This option would require reading the entire empty channel before encoding.

OTOH, this is arguably a ripping issue, not a compression one. And besides,
shouldn't an empty channel compress to negligible size?

1a seems clearly lossy. There's usually a reason for a period of silence (as
opposed to an entire channel that's always silent).

IMHO.

--
Brady Patterson (brady at spaceship.com)
RLRR LRLL RLLR LRRL RRLR LLRL