[Flac] Want to Stream Flac on Windows

yahoo2 yahoo2 at rcn.com
Sat Dec 10 07:18:49 PST 2005

At 09:00 PM 11/19/2005, Danny Ray Boyer wrote:

>What is the best way to stream FLAC on a Windows P.C.
>
>Danny Ray Boyer

I just found a way to stream flac across the net, I have not yet tried it.

Go to http://www.oddsock.org and download 3.1.6 version of Oddcast.
There is a plugin for Winamp, Foobar, or a standalone version. This
is for Windows.

Added support for oggFLAC streaming. A note about this, currently as
the release of this plugin, there are very very few clients that
actually support oggFLAC streaming. The only one I found was on the
windows platform here :
<http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/>http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/.
Installing those filters will allow you to play oggFLAC streams from
within Windows Media Player. Currently Winamp and Foobar2k do NOT
work. Hopefully this will change in the future. Also, streaming
oggFLAC is really only good for LAN streaming as it is lossless and
very high bitrate. There is currently no way to "configure" any
oggFLAC options. Also, you need to use the at least Icecast (2.3.0)
in order to support oggFLAC streaming.