[Flac] Feature request FLAC

Devon Holcombe dholcombe at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:50:24 PST 2005

I vote for #2.

I don't see the options in #1 as strictly going with the philosophy of FLAC
being a lossless codec although neither one seems like a bad idea if
implemented properly. More generally part b of #1 would allow you to select
any channel(s) from a source and just encode those channels. For example you
may want to encode only 3 channels of a 4 channel source or 5 of 8 or 1 of
8, etc. This seems like it would be the best way to do things, given what I
know of the current FLAC architecture.

I started fiddling with trying to learn some FLAC development a year or 2
ago, but unfortunately I have never really found the time and haven't
touched it since. Between school and work I already don't get out much or I
might be interested in doing #2. Alas, maybe when I finish grad school in a
couple years if nobody has gotten around to it.

Is there a proper etiquette for posting to this list as far as top post,
bottom post, partial quote, etc?

Devon