[flac-dev] Enabling universal building of libFLAC

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sun Sep 18 14:06:41 UTC 2022

When you refer to "runtime variables," do you really mean build time?

It's not really an option to wait until flac runs to determine the runtime architecture. I suspect you mean make variables that are used at build time.

I would assume that the source code does not need to change in order to support multiple architectures on macOS, but the compiler and/or make options may need to change. I have not dug into the details yet. If someone does not find a solution before I get back from vacation, I'll take a look. Usually, Xcode makes this easy, and Xcode even produces a Makefile that works outside of the GUI Xcode.app (i.e. it supports command-line building), so that might be a reasonably quick option. However, I admit that keeping Xcode files up to date - like any other GUI build environment - might not be worth the effort, but at least the Makefile could be useful.

Brian Willoughby