[flac-dev] Enabling universal building of libFLAC

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 11:26:15 UTC 2022

Op zo 18 sep. 2022 11:55 schreef Cristian Adam <cristian.adam at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Building with CMake for both x86_64 and aarch64 for MacOS is as easy as
> setting the CMake configuration
> variable: "-DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64;arm64" when configuring the
> project.

That might be enough to make CMake understand whats going on, but with the
current way FLAC uses CMake, I doubt it will be able to get things building
optimally.

For example, CMake sets FLAC__CPU_ARM64. To what should it set this in the
case of an universal build?

That's why I think both building systems and the code need some work before
this works correctly.