[flac-dev] Autocorrelation precision insufficient

Robert Kausch robert.kausch at freac.org
Fri Jun 25 21:15:56 UTC 2021

Hi Martijn,

Great work!

I concur with David that compression should work the same on all
platforms. There can be SIMD optimizations for some routines, but they
should produce the same result as the non-SIMD versions. If outdated
optimizations cannot be updated, better drop them instead of keeping
versions that produce different results than the new reference code.

Regarding VSX, you could try to contact Anton Blanchard to ask whether
he can update the routines. Otherwise, it should be possible to emulate
VSX with QEMU. You won't be able to verify performance that way, of
course, but should be able to verify correctness.

Best,
Robert