[flac-dev] Autocorrelation precision insufficient

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 20:14:31 UTC 2021

Op vr 25 jun. 2021 om 23:22 schreef Robert Kausch <robert.kausch at freac.org>:
> Regarding VSX, you could try to contact Anton Blanchard to ask whether
> he can update the routines. Otherwise, it should be possible to emulate
> VSX with QEMU. You won't be able to verify performance that way, of
> course, but should be able to verify correctness.

Using QEMU is an excellent suggestion, I was surprised how easy
user-mode emulation works. However, cross-compiling to powerpc64le and
using qemu results in a binary that doesn't pass make check. I don't
know whether that is a bug in qemu or the cross-compiler, but it
doesn't seem to be a bug in FLAC, because it runs make check fine in
Travis CI. Maybe I'll try building something and relying on Travis to
check my work. Apparently building for ppc64le target is sponsored by
IBM and thus free.