[flac-dev] PATCH: OS SSE support detection, version 2

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:45:20 PDT 2014

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>> About part 1:does it have any problems? I can split it into several patches
>> (1 fix = 1 patch) or explain the changes in it in detail.
>
> I didn't apply patch1 because I mis-read your comment here:
>
>     http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2014-March/004582.html
>
> So, for the patches in this email:
>
>     http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2014-March/004577.html
>
> Should I apply patch2?
>
> Should I revert patch1 which has already been applied?

First I wrote the patch to cpu.c and posted it here:
	http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2014-March/004576.html

Then I posted a second version of this patch (so the patch above is obsolete):
	http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2014-March/004577.html

This second version was split into two files:
  * the first part contains fixes ( CALLBACK -> WINAPI, updated URLs in comments,
    "r"(sse) -> "0"(sse), etc)
  * and the second part contains a code for SSE support detection when a compiler
    is MinGW/GCC and target OS is Win32.

The latest change in configure.ac makes this second part mostly useless
because by default it will be thrown away by preprocessor.

So, about the patches from http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2014-March/004577.html

   * The patch cpu_part1.patch should be applied;

   * The patch cpu_part2.patch (already applied) is almost useless now, so why keep it?
     It can be useful only for those who want to use MinGW/GCC to compile Win95-compatible
     libFLAC.dll or Win95/WinNT4 compatible flac.exe. Do these people exist?