[flac-dev] Higher compression modes from Flake

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Wed Mar 13 17:10:36 PDT 2013

Are you sure that the encoding library was improved, or just the
command line?

Keep in mind that 1-8 (or 0-8) are just macros for particular
combinations of options that are also available separately.

I'm just guessing, here, but 9-12 might be nothing more than selected
combinations of options that are already available in the official
flac command-line, albeit without a short, numerical abbreviation.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting