[flac-dev] [flac 1.3.0pre2 pre-release] Updates to test suite

Jaren Stangret sirjaren at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 23:24:50 PDT 2013

Attached is a patch for 'test_grabbag.sh'.  Continuing in the same vein as
the other patches, this patch consists of minor reworks of
functions/commands as well as heavily commenting what's going on.

More than halfway there!

Thanks,
Jaren

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com>
wrote:

> Jaren Stangret wrote:
>
> > Interestingly, I noticed compression level '0' is omitted, so I've
added it
> > in.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Also, I tested this on a 24bit/96kHz FLAC file and the test failed
between
> > compression level 0 and compression level 1 -- the file size was greater
> > with a compression level of 1, rather than 0.  The test works on
> > 'noisy-sine.wav'.  It may be worth trying to run this test on a variety
of
> > FLAC files (multiple channels, multiple bps, multiple sample rates,
etc).

> Compression levels are always highly dependent on the source material.
This