[flac-dev] Updated MSVC patch

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 08:39:02 PST 2013

On 09-03-13 01:01, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> I would like to know how many years I have to wait before we can ditch
> this stuff. I intend to do some testing on platforms I have available
> today and roll a second pre-release after my testing.

Talking about ditching, there are still .dsp files in the repository,
these are MSVC 6 files. I haven't seen anyone on the list testing the
source with that version (MSVC 2005 was the first version to have a free
express version so this one hasn't) so these are probably broken as well.

MSVC 6 was released in 1998 and was succeeded by MSVC .NET in 2002, so
maybe these files (all.dsp, all_static.dsp, all_dynamic.dsp and flac.dsw
if I'm correct) should be removed from the repository? Someone spotting
them might think MSVC 6 is still supported.