[flac-dev] Updated MSVC patch

Ben Allison benski at winamp.com
Sat Mar 9 12:09:47 PST 2013

> Talking about ditching, there are still .dsp files in the repository,
> these are MSVC 6 files. I haven't seen anyone on the list testing the
> source with that version (MSVC 2005 was the first version to have a free
> express version so this one hasn't) so these are probably broken as well.
>
> MSVC 6 was released in 1998 and was succeeded by MSVC .NET in 2002, so
> maybe these files (all.dsp, all_static.dsp, all_dynamic.dsp and flac.dsw
> if I'm correct) should be removed from the repository? Someone spotting
> them might think MSVC 6 is still supported.

Yes.  And we could add VS2010 and VS2012 project files at the same time.
The project files could also stand a bit of an overhaul.  It would be good
to use project references rather than hardcoding .lib paths into the
linker settings.  It would also be useful to have separate project
configurations with and without Ogg.