[flac-dev] FLAC plug-in for Adobe Premiere

Brendan Bolles brendan at fnordware.com
Mon Jul 1 08:22:24 PDT 2013

Hey everyone, I've written a FLAC plug-ing for Adobe Premiere.  It's actually part of the Ogg Vorbis plug-in I originally set out to write.  You can see it here on GitHub:

https://github.com/fnordware/AdobeOgg

I just finished the first beta a few hours ago.  You can download binary plug-ins from here:

http://www.fnordware.com/downloads/Ogg_v0.5b1_mac.zip
http://www.fnordware.com/downloads/Ogg_v0.5b1_win.zip

If you don't have Premiere, you can always download the 30-day trial.  If you don't have Mac or Windows, then move along.  :)

The reason I wanted to post here is that I wasn't able to get FLAC working on Windows.  The plug-in source should be fine, I just couldn't get it to link.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 (i.e. VC9), which is what the Premiere CS5 SDK asks for.  My errors all have to do with "unresolved external symbol blah blah blah".  I even tried importing the flac files directly into my plug-in's main project and got the same errors.  I've run into this a few times with other projects, so I'd really like to know the solution!

Part of the problem may be that the .vcproj files included with FLAC don't have 64-bit targets.  I added them, but still get the errors.  Premiere is x64-only.  Tough to tell because a FLAC library gets built successfully, but then it won't link.

If a Windows expert here would like to take a look and maybe fix the problem, I'd be much obliged.

Brendan