[flac-dev] About Decode Streaming

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 09:00:12 PDT 2013

I'll top-post this one because it wasn't sent to the mailinglist but to
me. Please reply to list next time.

I assume you mean the main.c files in the encode and decode directory
under examples. I can't really determine the root cause of your problem
with this information, but I think you're trying to feed the decoder
blocks that are incomplete. The LOST SYNC error is usually seen with
corrupted blocks, so I think the blocks are incomplete or, less likely,
corrupt.

There are a few ways to counter this. The easy way is to add a little
latency to be sure at least one complete block is in the receiving
buffer. So, only call FLAC__stream_decoder_process_single() if the
buffer is filled with enough data. If you want the lowest latency
possible you could force a small block size or let the encoding PC
signal the decoding PC when a block is finished, so the decoding process
can be sure there is a full block in the buffer.

Oh, and you might take a look at the reading callback, maybe that one is
overreading the buffer?

I hope that helps.