[flac-dev] About Decode Streaming

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 08:21:02 PDT 2013

On 01-07-13 16:48, Burak Orçun Özkablan wrote:
> [...]
>
> I run your sample codes, encode.c and decode.c, about file encode /
> decode. Then, I run
> streaming encode / decode with two different source codes but when I
> use streaming encode / decode over network in real-time, code throws
> LOST_SYNC exception and only reading callback runs not writing
> callback after exception.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You are talking about file
encode and decode ans streaming encode and decode, do you mean the files
in the FLAC source directory example? If so, what is the difference,
because I only see file encoding examples?

Furthermore, I wonder what you mean by stream. Are you serving a file
that is being encoded over HTTP, S(a)MB(a), NFS or something specially
designed for streaming, like MMS? So, how are you streaming the FLAC file?

> How can I solve sync problem over network? Is it possible over network
> or does FLAC stream with file?

FLAC is capable of streaming, so it should be possible to fix this I guess.