[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Mon Apr 1 05:24:06 PDT 2013

I'm worried about some of the modifications done to the UTF-8 patch. In
commit 2199d086921eb37d249cae0731f334556ec6209d #ifdef checks were
changed from specific FLAC__STRINGS_IN_UTF8 to generic _WIN32 and the
specific defines were later removed in commit
0cd2e9ed6918b782195d0024dd19dcfa39df8f82.

The reason I had them this way is that FLAC API has public functions
that work with filenames. Default compile options for FLAC would be
unaffected and existing programs that rely on ANSI filenames would
continue to work. The new configuration option "Release (UTF-8)" was
meant to isolate the changes so that only official bundled frontends
that know about the changes would use them.