[flac-dev] Status of flac; new release?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Nov 29 12:10:44 PST 2012

Max Horn wrote:

> 1) Is there any chance the website could be updated?

I'd like to have the flac.sf.net website re-directed to
https://www.xiph.org/flac/ . Until the re-direct happens
the rest of the world still points to sf.net.

> 2) Any chance for a new release? Just bug fixes would be
> enough.

I'd like to do a release some time between now and xmas. That
release would be something like what us in Xiph's git right
now.

> 3) Does anybody feel responsible for going through the bug
> and patch trackers at SF.net?

I did spend some time going through those. There didn't seem
to be much there in terms of valuable patches.

> If there is something I can do to assist with any of these things,
> I'll try to help.

The most useful thing would be to have a second look at the
SF bug tracker and see it there is anything there that isn't
already fixed in Xiph's git repo.

Cheers,
Erik