[flac-dev] Status of flac; new release?

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 08:40:50 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 07:10:44AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Max Horn wrote:
> > 2) Any chance for a new release? Just bug fixes would be
> > enough.
>
> I'd like to do a release some time between now and xmas. That
> release would be something like what us in Xiph's git right
> now.

Looking at the changes in the include directory since 1.2.1, it seems
the C API was extended by one function and the C++ API by ~18 new
methods. Are you planning to update the version-info? I see the C++
version-info was changed to 8:0:3, but I think it should actually be
9:0:3. The values in libFLAC{,++}/export.h might need an update too.

Also, will it be called 1.2.2? I'd like to make some prerelease rpm
packages from the current git snapshot.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this.

--
Miroslav Lichvar