[flac-dev] Regain play analysis patches

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Feb 10 01:30:09 PST 2012

Hi all,

In the last couple of months, there have been two proposed patches for
the regain play analysis code.

The first by Nathan Rennie-Waldock:

    http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2011-December/003070.html

simply adds some more higher sample rates.

The second by Earl Chew:

   http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2012-January/003067.html

is more comprehensive. Neither of the patches currently apply to
the code that is currently in git [0], so now is probably a good time
to discuss these patches and come up with the best approach. Currently
I lean slightly toward Earl Chew's patch because it seems a little more
thought out.

Once we have decided on the best solution, I would appreciate it if
either Earl or Nathan could prepare a new patch.

Cheers,
Erik