[flac-dev] The FLAC website

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Tue Aug 28 01:46:02 PDT 2012

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> I can't read russian, but that part of the website seems pretty
> outdated, mentioning FLAC 1.1 as the last news item?

I have no problem dropping that.

> I guess I would like to update the news section with a few items (I
> guess that's what makes a website looks 'fresh', I would love to make
> FLAC look like an active project :)) but it has to be updated in 4
> different sections: 2 times on the homepage, once on the newspage and
> one in the RSS-feed.

Yes, sub-optimal.

> Wasn't there any scripting behind the original website?

No idea. I assume so.

The API docs come from doxygen. I'm going to attempt to regenerate
them on the weekend (and fix all the doxygen problems that have
arisen since 2009).

> Is it possible to add some?

I think thats a great idea. WOuld be happy to have someone pick
this up and run with it.

> I guess the RSS stream could be
> formatted in a certain way to display it on both the homepage and the
> news page, but that would require some Javascript I guess.
>
> Any thoughts?

As long as I don't have to write Javascript, I'm happy :-).

Erik