[Flac-dev] New tags for better transitions between tracks.

Tim Phipps flac-dev at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 13:03:40 PDT 2007

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> My suggestion: make it more clear what code did you take from other
> projects, what licenses were used, and what license does your patch
> fall in.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word stolen while SCOx are in the news ;-)

What I did for the metaflac patch was to copy the method used to
generate Replay Gain tags and extend it to record the time and volume
profile at the start and end of tracks. The Replay Gain code is from
metaflac so I guess that's covered by GPL. I'm happy to give the
copyright to the metaflac patch to Xiph or anyone that will put it in
FLAC. More than happy, to paraphrase Spiderman: With great copyright
ownership comes great hordes of blood-sucking ambulance-chasers.

The MPD patches were done in a similar way using the Replay Gain and
crossfade code from MPD. There isn't any code copied from one project to
another.

Hope this helps,
Tim.