[Flac-dev] creating flacs over 2GB

Gyürki István istvan.gyurki at freemail.hu
Tue Sep 25 00:20:42 PDT 2007

Hello All,

I was struggling with the need of creating flac files over 2GB recently.
Both the command line flac and my util using stream encoder returned FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_CLIENT_ERROR when reaching that point.

Finally I made a small change in libFLAC/stream_encoder.c in file_tell_callback_ function.
I replaced the ftello call to fgetpos. This seems to work very well under win32.

Based on the description at http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Portable-Positioning.html I think this should be also portable solution.

Hope this small change could help other users, too.

Istvan

Játssz a megújult Kvízparton! Válassz több mint 400 kvíz közül minden témában!