[Flac-dev] Re: Is FLAC fully cooked for OS X yet?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 21:07:04 PST 2007

--- Arek Korbik <arkadini at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/21/07, Brian Willoughby <brianw at sounds.wa.com> wrote:
> >
> > The key to Arek comment is that the project files only work with
> 1.1.2 FLAC.
> >  Even in those days, the Xcode project was not fully operational.
> I gave up
> > on using it, and I think everyone else did.  You basically have no
> hope of
> > just pulling it out of the repository and expecting it to work.
>
> Brian, you probably mean the 'Project Builder' project - FLAC sources
> don't have an Xcode project (the 1.1.2 Xcode project I mentioned was
> the one I offered some time ago on the list). And I agree - despite
> the '1.1.4' string appearing in the project file it seems to be
> 'structurally' seriously out-dated. Josh, perhaps something could be
> done with it? At the moment it seems to me to be more confusing than
> useful.

yeah, I'm ok with abandoning it.  project builder is a huge pain
in the butt to work with, worse even than microsoft's IDEs.  as
soon as I got it building the unix way I stopped keeping it up to
date.  is anyone using project builder anymore or has everyone gone
to xcode?

> > Those of you who need Xcode are going to have to find someone to
put
> > together a new Xcode project that works with 1.1.3 (hopefully one
that works
> > better than the 1.1.2 project was working in its day), and check
that in to
> > the repository.  Seeing as how it is not absolutely necessary, I
can see why
> > nobody has stepped up to do this.
>
> XiphQT uses and contains an Xcode project for building the most basic
> FLAC elements. The project files are now included in XiphQT's sources
> and can be found in:
>
> http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xiph-qt/build-macosx/flac-support/
>
> (I've just updated it to work correctly with FLAC 1.1.4). At the
> moment it only builds static libs and frameworks for FLAC and FLAC++,
> without ogg support, no tools, no tests and expects to find FLAC
> sources in a specific relative location. But I suppose you could use
> it as a starting point in creating a full equivalent of the FLAC's
> autotools-based build system.
>
> I'd be happy to check any changes into XiphQT's repository, but to
> have it checked into FLAC's repository you would need to ask Josh.

ok, I didn't know about that.  I'll try getting that to work on
my ibook and then check it in.