[Flac-dev] Metadata & RDF

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Oct 1 05:24:54 PDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 01:17:32PM +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Not always - the following is valid (though rather unusual!) RDF/XML :

I wonder if that's a bug, since there's not actually any RDF there, and
this would detect as xhtml by a reader.

> Yep. Hmm, if there was a neat way to provide the media (mime) type it
> could also be useful for non-XML docs as well. Otherwise an easy
> workaround for RDF might be to specify that the root element for RDF
> docs must be <rdf:RDF
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" /> (as was the
> case in the pre-2004 RDF specs).

Seems reasonable for this application. I guess I've not read the more
recent specs. Isn't there a connotation of the RDF describing the xml
document it's embedded in if it's not the root element?

 -r