[Flac-dev] Re: build issues

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 17:28:39 PST 2006

--- Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> BTW, I ran into a few issues building with recent cvs.
>
> You might want to consider copying autogen.sh from one of the other
> xiph
> codec projects and setting a proper minimum version in
> AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS.
> The current one just breaks if it the default automake isn't the
> appropriate version, but debian based systems (at least) often
> have several versions installed in parallel. We have code to pick an
> appropriate one. It will also choose glibtoolize instead of
> libtoolize
> on macosx, but that's not a complete solution because it doesn't have
> the iconv macros.
>
> You should also include a copy of ogg.m4 in the m4 directory,
> otherwise that check can't fail cleanly.

ok.

> Finally and most important, 4 of the 7 self tests failed on my x86_64
> system (x86_64-linux-gnu, ubuntu 6.06.1, gcc version 4.0.3) so it
> seems  there are definite 64 bit problems.

which tests?  for a little while there, test_seeking would fail
because of an intermittent bug in the seek routine which has been
fixed.  test_flac and test_metaflac are currently failing because
of mismatches in the vendor string that I mentioned before.

but it wouldn't surprise me if there are some 64 bit bugs still
since I don't have a machine to build on.