[Flac-dev] build issues

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Nov 7 15:25:55 PST 2006

BTW, I ran into a few issues building with recent cvs.

You might want to consider copying autogen.sh from one of the other xiph
codec projects and setting a proper minimum version in AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS.
The current one just breaks if it the default automake isn't the
appropriate version, but debian based systems (at least) often
have several versions installed in parallel. We have code to pick an
appropriate one. It will also choose glibtoolize instead of libtoolize
on macosx, but that's not a complete solution because it doesn't have
the iconv macros.

You should also include a copy of ogg.m4 in the m4 directory, otherwise
that check can't fail cleanly.

Finally and most important, 4 of the 7 self tests failed on my x86_64
system (x86_64-linux-gnu, ubuntu 6.06.1, gcc version 4.0.3) so it seems
there are definite 64 bit problems.

 -r